My name is Courtney and I’m a New England transplant living in Bodega, California. I moved here with the intention of only staying for a year. Little did I know that I’d meet my future husband and make my home in Sonoma County with my Malamute Took and my stepdaughter K. After I turned 30 we decided to add to our family. After suffering four miscarriages in almost two years, I finally gave birth to our daughter, Elsie, in October of 2012.
For those of you interested, here’s our TTC Timeline:
- February 2007 – Met the love of my life.
- August 2008 – Walked down an aisle, kissed a handsome man and became a Mrs.
- September 2009 – Turned 30. 1st miscarriage. We did not know I was pregnant and it was very very early on.
- December 2009 – this is when we actively…um…started doing the dance, so to speak.
- January 2010 – 1st BFP. Woohoo!
- February 11, 2010 – 2nd miscarriage at 7 weeks 5 days. First real heartbreak of my life.
- April 2010 – first ovarian cyst burst. Ouch.
- May-June 2010 – ovarian cysts continue to grow (and burst) and plague me with pain at every movement.
- May 2010 – BFN 2 days before expected period.
- June 2010 – BFP 2 days after expected period. Here we go!
- June 28th, 2010 – ultrasound at 7 weeks 6 days showed baby measuring 6 weeks 3 days; saw heartbeat
- July 9th, 2010 – ultrasound showed a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks 4 days. 3rd miscarriage. Heart shatters even more.
- July 10th, 2010 – D&C
- July 11th, 2010 – ovarian cyst burst. Double freaking ouch.
- September 2010 – Turned 31. Blood tests all came back mostly negative, with the exception of the MTHFR.
- December 2010 – revisited tests and discovered slight elevation in Beta 2 Glycoprotein I Igm, which is connected to antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Tests were performed again.
- May 1st, 2011 – BFP
- May 9th, 2011 – ultrasound at 5 weeks 3 days: heartbeat
- May 18th, 2011 – ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days showed baby measuring right on target; saw heartbeat
- May 25th, 2011 – ultrasound at 7 weeks 5 days showed baby measuring 6 weeks 3 days; saw heartbeat
- June 1st, 2011 – ultrasound showed a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks 5 days. 4th miscarriage.
- June 3rd, 2011 – D&C and officially pissed-off.
- September 2011 – Turned 32.
- February 2012 – BFP
- March 19th, 2012 – ultrasound at 8 weeks 2 days, measuring right on target
- April 2nd, 2012 – ultrasound at 10 weeks 2 days, measuring AHEAD! by two days and lots of movement; heartbeat healthy
- October 26th, 2012 at 10:45 pm – Miss Elsie came into our lives and healed our hearts
Contact me at bodegablissblog at gmail.com